|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
This easy pattern will guide you through the steps to make a perfectly practical T-shirt quilt. The design uses polar fleece to make a soft back, eliminating the need for batting. This machine washable quilt, is ideal for:
• high school and college graduates; it makes a wonderful gift and preserves memories while being used as a throw they can take with them.
• use as a stadium blanket; save up your favorite sports-themed T-shirts.
• turning your husband’s or student’s giant T-shirt collection into a comfy throw.
• a picnic blanket.
• preserving memories of a loved one.
• eliminating storage of T-shirts without eliminating the memories.
• a decorative wall hanging.
This quilt is a handmade gift that you will want to make time and again. I have made dozens and have developed this pattern and the most straight-forward method to achieve quality results.
Finished size: 4’ x 5’
• 12 T-shirt sides
• 6 yards of fusible interfacing, Pellon® 911F or equivalent
• 2 yards of cotton fabric for sashing strips, washed and ironed
• 2 yards of fleece, preferably non-pill
• universal or stretch/knit sewing machine needle, size 14
• marking pen or chalk
• thread to match
14 pages, 1 photograph on the cover
*Note: These are downloadable instructions and patterns for creating a quilt. Since it is a download, a window will open to download and when you are signed into your user account at the time of purchase, it will also be located in the "My Library" section of your user account immediately after purchase.
This is a wonderful pattern. I made my t-shirt blanket in one weekend and I have never done anything like this before, though I have made clothing. I am planning to use the one I made to entice my three sisters into coming to visit and making their own, with my help. Thank you!
Made this for a friend for her to give to husband made out of his old high school basketball and football t's. Easy to follow. Her family loves it and has been taking it to all the football games
I have been saving t-shirts from my daughter's softball teams for many years with the plans to make her a quilt. year will be her senior year in high school - then on to college. If she is going to take that memory quilt with her, I needed to get busy. When I saw this pattern, I knew it was just what I had been looking for. I was NOT disappointed! It was perfect to help me get my project finished and I have it ready and waiting for her to begin packing for the "College Move" whenthat time gets here. I love this download!
The information in this eBook may be printed for your personal use. It may not be copied, emailed, duplicated or distributed in any manner or for any purpose. Items made from this pattern book are for home/personal use, as well as for sale, in limited production. Items may not be mass produced.