|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
“Nice instructions, but it's missing some very crucial info. It fails to give you the dimensions of the pieces you need to make the dress. Waste of $7.”
PDF Sewing Pattern for a Smocked Dress or Shirt done on the sewing machine, NOT by hand. Fast and Fabulous easy to follow step by step English instructions. Lots and lots of photos and helpful sewing tips along the way.
Instructions are easy to follow to make any toddler or child dress or shirt and also be used for an adult shirt. Just put a long sleeved shirt or turtleneck underneath for it to be used as a shirt in winter wear on its own as a shirt as your child grows. The dress becomes a shirt as your child outgrows it.
Includes 3 types of strap styles:
****over the shoulder
****spaghetti tie straps
Included are step by step detailed instructions in English, materials list and cutting help. Every step has at least one photo and there are lots of sewing tips along the way.
Adult Shirt Sizes:
Size Bust Hips Waist
XS (0-2) 31-33in. 33-36 ½ in. 23-25 in.
S (4-6) 33 ½ -35 in. 37-38 ½ in. 25 ½ - 27 in.
M (8-10) 35 ½ -37 in. 39-40 ½ in. 27 ½ - 29 ½ in.
L (12-14) 37 ½ -40 in. 41-43 in. 30-32 ½ in.
XL (16-18) 40 ½ -42 in. 44-46 ½ in. 33-34 ½ in.
This pattern is for your personal use ONLY. Reproducing or selling products made from this pattern is allowed. However reselling or reproducing this pattern or any part of it is not permitted.
• ¾ yard of lightweight fabric (45” wide) cotton, lightweight linen , gauze fabric, any lightweight fabric that will accept the smocking
• 20 inches of ½-1 inch wide double bias tape or 20 inches of ¾ to 1 inch wide grosgrain ribbon(optional) and fray block
• Coordination Button or button cover kit (size 30, 36 or 45, optional)
• Spool of elastic thread hand wound on a bobbin
• Coordinating cotton thread
• Water soluble fabric pen
• Pins, scissors,
• Clear plastic quilters ruler
More of a how-to-guide with pictures then an actual pattern. Not worth $7
Nice instructions, but it's missing some very crucial info. It fails to give you the dimensions of the pieces you need to make the dress. Waste of $7.