|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
Instructions are given to make a 12” X 16” tote. It is large enough to store many items; including knitting supplies, fabrics, towels, sweaters, etc. Items could be gifted in the tote. Wouldn’t it be adorable as a gift tote to store favorite fat quarter stash? Fat quarters in coordinating colors could be included in the tote!
Instructions to make a beautiful orchid and butterfly applique is included in the e-pattern. The orchid leaves and butterfly are cut from cotton fabric and appliqued directly on the tote. The flowers are cut out of felt and sewn together on top of the leaves. The two and three dimensional effects of the orchid applique are very eye-catching.
Also included in the patterns and instructions, is a way to make a coordinating designer tag. The tag can be tied to the top of the basket when gifting with it.
Heavy weight fabric or medium weight with Craft Fuse is recommended for the outside of the tote, so it will be sturdy and keep its shape. Medium weight cotton fabric is used for the lining. Ready-made ½” wide bias tape is sewn around the inside of the keyholes.
This PDF e-pattern includes full size patterns, a materials list, 23 page step-by-step instructions written in English, and a photograph for each step.
Note: These are downloadable instructions and pattern pieces for making tote. Since it is a download, a window will open to download and when you are signed into your user account at the time of purchase, it will also be located in the "My Library" section of your user account immediately after purchase.
Adorable pattern. I purchased primarily for the simple orchid pattern. I used to make a mug rug with. I plan to make the bag with applique as per pattern too soon. Love it!
• Light pink felt (wool or acrylic); ½ yd. for the sides of the tote, 15” X 7 ½” for the bottom
• Fuchsia cotton print; ½ yd. for the sides of the lining; 15” X 7 ½” for the bottom of the lining
• Craft Fuse (if using a medium weight fabric like felt); ½ yd. for the sides of the tote, 15” X 7 ½” for the bottom
• Green cotton print; 8” X 10” for leaf applique
• Fusible web (I used HeatnBond Lite, but any fusible web will do); 8” X 10” for leaf and butterfly applique
• Yellow cotton print fabric; scrap for top butterfly wings
• Pink cotton print fabric; scrap for bottom butterfly wings
• Black felt; scrap for butterfly body
• Fuchsia felt (wool or acrylic); 6” X 13” for orchid petals
• Light pink bias tape; 2 lengths X 13” sew around inside of keyhole
• Black and light yellow embroidery floss; 2-ply for butterfly antennae and center of orchids
• Sewing machine thread to match fabrics
• Light weight cardstock (optional); 8 ½” X 11” to match tote
• Scrapbook paper (optional); 2 ½” X 3”
• Fuchsia ribbon (optional); 7/8” X 28”
• Light pink rickrack (optional); 1/8” X 5 ¾”
• Beacon Fabri-Tac adhesive (optional)
Copyright gergeex 2011. All rights reserved. This ebook and all instructions and photographs of it, including electronic transmission to a third party is strictly prohibited.
Gergeex patterns are to be made for personal use, fun or sales in limited quantities by in-home sewers. I request that items for sale state that the item was designed by gergeex.