|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
|Author||Angel Lea Designs|
“I bought this as a last-minute make for my little grandson to wear to his aunt's wedding, and I wasn't disappointed. It was very quick and easy to make and looked fantastic.”
The Little Lads’ Necktie is a practical, easy wear, easy care tie that is available in two styles: skinny and wide.
They look great made from designer cotton fabrics, and if using cotton fabric they are also very easy to care for – just throw in the washing machine with like colours, line dry and give it a quick iron if required.
Each tie is double-sided so you may choose a different fabric for each side if you like – effectively having two ties in one!
The neckties fasten around the neck via velcro on an elastic neck strap. There is no need to know how to knot a tie!
Perfect for weddings or other formal occasions or simply for dressing up at home playing banker! Or wear with a polo shirt and jeans for a casual trendy look. You could also make a tie to co-ordinate with a sister’s outfit.
• A detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and colour photographs.
• Full size pattern pieces printable on A4/letter size paper.
• A list of materials required.
• The following sizes:
- SMALL: fits approx 0-12 months
- MEDIUM: fits approx 1-2 years
- LARGE: fits approx 3-4 years
Note: The pattern is also suitable for an older/larger child as it can be lengthened.
© 2010 Angel Lea Designs.
This pattern may not be sold, shared or distributed in any form.
If you would like to sell the neckties you hand-make from this pattern, you may do so in limited numbers but design credit must be given to Angel Lea Designs. Other conditions also apply so please read my policies on my website, details of which will be provided in the pattern.
• 35 cm (14”) fabric - if using same fabric both sides, OR 20 cm (8”) each of two different fabrics
• 35 cm (14”) light to medium weight interfacing (fusible or non-fusible)
• ¼ inch wide elastic
• 6 cm piece of hook and loop tape (velcro)
• Matching or contrasting sewing thread
• General sewing supplies
Note: Requirements are based on fabric 112cm (44”) wide.
I bought this as a last-minute make for my little grandson to wear to his aunt's wedding, and I wasn't disappointed. It was very quick and easy to make and looked fantastic.