|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
|Author||Lily Bird Studio|
Juliette’s Dress is a vintage-inspired dress. It has built-in panels with a rounded neckline and an opening at the back which makes it perfect for hot summer days. It has a fully lined bodice. It closes at the back with two small buttons or snap buttons. This sewing pattern provides the instructions to make a petticoat which enhances this design.
This sewing pattern includes two design options:
Option A: the bodice and skirt are built-in panels. This dress has one front panel, two front-side panels, two back panels and two back-side panels. The dress is lined until the waist and the ribbon or sash is optional.
Option B: only the bodice has built-in panels. It has one front panel, two front/side panels, two back panels and two back/side panels. The skirt is a simple big rectangle gathered at the top edge and attached to the bodice. The bodice is fully lined and the ribbon is essential to complete the style of this dress.
This pattern goes from 2 to 10 years.
The PDF file includes:
- Pattern: fully scaled color-coded computer drafted pattern (except for the pieces of the skirt for option B and the pieces of the petticoat, those are simple rectangles).
- Measurement chart: for the pieces that do not have a pattern: skirt for option B and the pieces of the petticoat.
- Instructions on how to assemble the pieces of the pattern.
- List of materials and yardage needed
- Table of final measurements for each size.
- Instructions on how to cut the pieces.
- Tutorial: a step-by-step tutorial with easy and clear instructions and color photos.
2 years: 21.5" (total length), 23" (chest circumf.), 21" (waist circumf.)
3 years: 23" (total length), 24" (chest circumf.), 22.5" (waist circumf.)
4 years: 24" (total length), 25" (chest circumf.), 23" (waist circumf.)
5 years: 25" (total length), 26" (chest circumf.), 23.5" (waist circumf.)
6 years: 26.5" (total length), 27" (chest circumf.), 25" (waist circumf.)
7 years: 28" (total length), 28" (chest circumf.)26" (waist circumf.)
8 years: 29" (total length), 29" (chest circumf.)26.5" (waist circumf.)
9 years: 30" (total length), 31" (chest circumf.)27.5" (waist circumf.)
10 years: 31.5" (total length) 33" (chest circumf.), 28.5" (waist circumf.)
I made this dress for my best friend's daughter for a memorial service, everyone loved it! It was super easy to follow, and the best part was that there was no gathering for the option that I chose!
Loved the look of this dress on the pattern pictures but didn't like the fit on my daughter. I wished I had graded it in more in the waist to accent her slim waist. I ended up putting a sash and that changed the whole look of the dress.
love this dress came out absolutely adorable
I made this dress for my niece and she loved it and it turned out so pretty. I'm going to make one for my 2 twin grand daughters and I know they will love it as they love to twirl around in their dresses and skirts that I make them. Good directions and easy to follow.
To make this dress you will need:
- sewing machine
- fabric (1.5 to 2.5 yards)
- thread of matching color
- circular cutter or scissors
- 2/3 medium size buttons
- ½ to ¾ yard of ¼ to 3/8 inches wide ribbon
- optional: 1¾ to 2¼ yards of 1 to 1½ inch wide ribbon for the sash
You can use this tutorial to make dresses for sale, just please give Lily Bird Studio the credits for the design. Do not copy or distribute this pdf tutorial itself.