|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
Welcome viewers from KSL's Studio 5 Program!
The dictionary describes a pettiskirt as the following:
pet·ti·skirt [pet-ee-skurt] –noun an underskirt, esp. one that is full and often trimmed and ruffled and of a decorative fabric.
And boy, does ours have ruffles! No longer is a pettiskirt used just as an underskirt - it IS the skirt! It’s gorgeous, full, and has amazing twirl! Your little girl will love it!
Pettiskirts are often intimidating for folks because of the "sheer volume" of material involved (pun intended)! We’ve had numerous requests for an easy way to make these gorgeous skirts. In the true spirit of YouCanMakeThis, we put our crafty heads together and came up with this tutorial filled with tricks and tips.
What makes our technique unique?
• We work with double thicknesses of fabric, which makes for easier handling and a fluffier, more modest finished product.
• Our stitching method is strong, easy, fast, and barely visible!
• We work in small, easy to manage sections.
• We work with full widths of fabric to reduce cutting and potential confusion.
• Sizing - different lengths can be made (measurement chart is provided). The widths of the tier and yoke pieces are the same for all sizes, and the elastic is made to fit the waist at very end.
Plus! We’ve added instructions for making a “dolly” pettiskirt. Be sure to read more about our annual “Twirls for Girls” campaign for the “Toys for Tots” program. Each year we create a new twirl skirt pattern made just for dolly so that you can make and donate them to Toys for Tots. Download our other 2 dolly skirt patterns and learn more about this effort here:
cant wait to make this
Seems like a great pattern, but I have not used it yet!
Love how this is free and easy to
I love this pattern! I made a skirt for my daughters 10th birthday and she absolutely loved it! Thanks so much!
Wow - Thankyou sooooo much - I have been wanting to make these for a while . What a great christmass gift =) love the instructions !
Copyright 2009 YouCanMakeThis.com