These leotards were make with stretch velvet on top and 'Scuba'-type fabric on the bottom. The two-fabric version of pattern 2 is great for when one of you fabric types doesn't stretch as much as the pattern calls for. In this case, the scuba didn't stretch enough top to bottom, so I used a super-stretchy velvet on the top part to compensate.
This is the basic 'under-dress' from Oh Sew Kat's "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice" pattern. Good practice for set-in sleeves, fairly easy, intuitive sewing. This one was made with scrap fabric, including the free-hand apron, and all the mistakes. Everything awesome about Toddler Elsa's new dress is OSK !
The Leotards 1 pattern is powerful in its simplicity! You can divide up the fabric space however you'd like, as long as you leave some extra fabric for the seam allowance. I wanted to stretch the flower pattern in these leotards so I only used it for half the leotard, and did the rest in plain black. I made marks on the pattern pieces front and back to indicate the halfway point (measuring on the sides of the leotard, not the front or back - where the side seam comes together and you want to make sure they colors line up) then drew a straight horizontal line perpendicular to the line indicating the grain of the fabric. In the future I want to experiment with other shapes like zig-zag and V. Foldover elastic adds a fun bit of color to the arm and neck openings.
Leotards 1 and 2 are handy patterns to own together. I was making a set of long sleeve leotards and ran out of material to make all the sleeves! Solution: recut the body pieces from the leotard 1 pattern (they really only differ at the armholes), and voila - you salvaged one more leotard out of your fabric. For the sleeveless leotard in the photo, I used foldover elasitic for the neck, arm, and leg openings. It makes a nice color accent (and makes the finishing part of the project go much quicker!)