|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
The elegance of 1920s ribbonwork has been updated for you or your little one! This 5-point gardenia and ruched ribbon flower headband/brooch is a showstopper. You'll learn four different techniques with just one, easy-to-read e-book!
You'll learn the following techniques:
*How to make a five-pointed gardenia blossom
*How to make prairie point leaves
*How to make ruched ribbon flower blossoms
*How to mount your flowers to a headband - either a fold-over elastic headband for babies or a hard, skinny headband for older girls or adults
This pattern is extremely versatile, because you can use the ribbon flowers for other applications - by themselves as hair accessories, for bow centers, and on shoes, coats and purses. Or, put them all together as shown in the beautiful Catherine headband. I've included a chart with headband sizes for various ages, in both inches and centimeters.
This pattern is for a confident beginner - if you've never picked up a needle and thread before, take a moment to learn how to do a simple running stitch and a simple whipstitch (a quick Web search will have you going in literally minutes, though). The pattern is very easy, and you'll feel proud with the heirloom look when you're done.
*Note: These are downloadable instructions for making a headband. Since it is a download, a window will open to download and when you are signed into your user account at the time of purchase, it will also be located in the "My Library" section of your user account immediately after purchase.
my niece looks fabulous she has them in all colors
* 1 to 2 yds (0.9 to 1.8 m) of 1 1/2” wide satin or silk (unwired) ribbon in two colors, for your gardenia and leaves
* 1 to 2 yds (0.9 to 1.8 m) of 5/8” or 7/8” wide French wired satin (or unwired satin) in two colors for the ruched flowers
* Needles: Beading or millinery needle and regular sewing needle
* Thread to match, scissors, ruler and fabric glue
* Scraps of felt
* Alligator/pinch clip for holding leaf points together while you work
* Large decorative button for the center of the gardenia
* Fold-over elastic for the baby headband, or a hard wire, plastic or thread-wrapped headband for older girls/women
Photos and text © Deanna D. McCool and Birdsong Bows and Patterns 2011. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, shared or transmitted in any form without expressed written permission of the author. Subject to all international copyright laws. Designs from this pattern may be sold in small quantities by home-based crafters. Please indicate that they’re made with a Birdsong pattern in any descriptive materials.