|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
|Author||Angel Lea Designs|
This is a PDF sewing pattern for a child's patchwork hat with an optional fabric flower.
You can achieve many different looks with this hat pattern, for example:
• The hat is reversible: simply remove the flower embellishment.
• The lining is made from one fabric so if you prefer a plainer looking hat wear it on the reverse side.
• The brim can be turned up and pinned in place with the flower.
• The hat can be made with or without the contrast band.
• The hat is also suitable for boys, just leave off the flower.
• A detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and colour photographs.
• Instructions to make the fabric flower
• Full sized pattern pieces printable on standard A4 / letter size paper.
• A list of materials required.
X Small: fits head circumference 47 cm (18½in)
Small: fits head circumference 49 cm (19¼in)
Medium: fits head circumference 52 cm (20½in)
Large: fits head circumference 54 cm (21¼in)
X Large: fits head circumference 57 cm (22½in)
~ This pattern was featured in Australian Homespun Magazine No. 104 (Vol 13.1) ~
I made this in assorted red, white, and blue prints. All the little pieces were a little bit of a pain to cut out, but it really turned out well. The seam allowances were not uniform; some were 3/16 and some were 3/8. I'll probably make it again.
30cm (3/8yd) white with orange spot print fabric (crown, brim, top and flower)
20cm (1/4yd) olive green spot print fabric (crown and brim)
20cm (1/4yd) purple tone-on-tone cross-hatch print fabric (brim and contrast band)
20cm (1/4yd) multicoloured stripe print fabric (crown)
50cm (5/8yd) teal tone-on-tone spot print fabric (brim and lining)
40cm (1/2yd) light- to medium-weight fusible non-woven interfacing (brim)
50cm (5/8yd) lightweight fusible knit interfacing (crown and top)
15mm (5/8in) teal blue button (flower)
10cm (4in) square of cream felt (flower backing)
Two brooch back pins
Hot-glue gun and glue sticks (optional)
Threads to match fabrics (top stitching)
Pinking shears (optional)
Sewing machine and general sewing supplies
© 2011 Angel Lea Designs.
This pattern may not be sold, shared or distributed in any form.
If you would like to sell the hats you hand-make from this pattern, you may do so in limited numbers but design credit must be given to Angel Lea Designs. Other conditions also apply so please read my policies on my website, details of which will be provided in the pattern.