|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
This ruffled fabric tote is perfect for your sewing studio, nursery, or for your little one's Barbie dolls and accessories. Make it as a functional Easter basket! The sturdy 13" x 9" x 5" bag has interior pockets and two optional handle styles, so it works as a tote or basket.
This pattern contains cutting dimensions but no pattern pieces. This is a great pattern for a confident beginner with some sewing experience under her belt, primarily because of the layers - otherwise, all steps are explained and easy enough to follow for a new sewist.
Follow along to 60 step-by-step photos and instructions that show all the steps for making this tote. There are two handle styles included - center handles for a tote, or side handles for a basket.
Some uses for the cute ruffled tote include:
* Storing Barbie dolls and other 12" dolls and all their clothes and accessories. FIts 4 dolls comfortably - an easy way to travel with them to Grandma's house!
* Storing diapers, diaper cream and wipes in a nursery
* Keeping patterns and files handy on your sewing table
* Storing skeins of yarn, needles and knitting/crocheting patterns
* Keeping hand-sewing projects together to take with you on the go
Made a really cute picnic basket and also a doll basket!
Love the pattern. Adapted it to make it IKEA sized for carrying quilts. 1 yd of fabrics 6" corners cut away.
Awesome pattern! I have made several of these bags and they are just adorable! I even made a couple without the ultra firm interface and used a thin batting. My daughters use these as moses baskets for their dolls! Great directions and illustrations!
Bought this hoping for a granddaughter! We are getting one (granddaughter) soon! Love this bag! Fun times with ruffles!
Very cute tote! I love making tote and this was no exception! Easy to follow instructions.
This pattern was very easy to follow. Didn't take long and I had a beautiful tote/easter basket. Thanks
* Sewing machine capable of sewing through layers
* 1/2 to 1 1/4 yards of 44" wide fabric for the outside of the tote (depending on if you have an all-over print or if you want to fussy cut a center design)
* 1 yard of 44" wide fabric for lining and pockets
* 3/4 yard of ultra firm, one-sided fusible interfacing
* 1/2 yard of medium loft fusible fleece
* 1 yard of 1/4" elastic
* Alligator clips or binder clips
* Fabric glue
* Water-soluble or air-erasable marking pen
* Jeans sewing needle (90/14)
* Regular sewing notions and supplies
Optional but recommended:
* Walking foot
* Small amount of fusible web for pockets
* Long ruler, rotary cutter and mat
Photos and text © Deanna D. McCool and Birdsong Bows and Patterns 2012. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, shared or transmitted in any form without expressed written permission of the author. Subject to all international copyright laws. Designs from this pattern may be sold in small quantities by home-based sewists. Please indicate that they’re made with a Birdsong pattern in any descriptive materials.