|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
Now you can make your own Merry Christmas Advent Calendar for your family to use year after year. This pattern includes detailed directions on how to make this beautiful calendar, in three different styles, that will be come a favorite family tradition.
Pockets are large enough to accommodate candy, Advent cards, ornaments, or other desired counter.
Completed Measurements - Calendar: 21” x 40 1/4” Pockets: 3” x 3 1/2”
*Note: These are downloadable instructions and pattern for making a Christmas countdown calendar. Since it is a download, a window will open to download and when you are signed into your user account at the time of purchase, it will also be located in the "My Library" section of your user account immediately after purchase.
For personal use only. You may not sell calendars made from this pattern or redistribute this pattern in anyway.
Materials – all fabrics 44”/45”+ wide unless otherwise stated
Fabric amounts are the same for all calendar styles. If you need additional materials per style, the material list indicates so.
• 3/4 yard 72” wide felt, for calendar body (shown in dark green)
• 2/3 yard cotton fabric, for background fabric (shown in red and green polka dot)
• 1/2 yard cotton fabric, for numbers and title
• 1 yard heavy-duty iron-on adhesive such as Heat n’ Bond Ultrahold, for letters/numbers
• 3/4” wide dowel rod and twine for hanging
• matching and/or contrasting thread
• buttons or other embellishments, styles 1 and 2
• 2 1/4 yards medium ric rac, style 2
For two different colored pocket strips:
• 1/2 yard cotton fabric, for three rows AND
• 1/4 yard cotton fabric, for two rows
For the same colored pocket strips:
• 2/3 yard cotton fabric, for one color of pocket strips
Helpful Tools and Supplies
• rotary cutter and cutting mat, not required but helpful
• long clear ruler or yardstick
• measuring tape or seam gauge
• pinking shears or pinking rotary blade
• regular fabric scissors
• small applique or trimming scissors, for cutting letters and numbers
• iron and pressing cloth
• disappearing/water-soluable fabric marker
• FrayCheck or lighter
• Heavy Startch, sprayable kind