|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
|Author||Modern Vintage Designs|
This apron pattern is so versatile! The circular skirt can be made with one, two or three layers and the bib can be made with a sweetheart neckline or a square neckline. The waist ties can be made to tie in a front bow or a back bow. There are also extra instructions for making a half apron (with one, two, or three layers). It's almost like getting two patterns in one!
The pattern pieces are PROFESSIONALLY DRAFTED and tiled for printing. Also included are directions for assembling the pattern tiles. The tiles can be printed out on standard 8.5" x 11" printer paper at home and taped together. No enlarging required.
This ePattern includes:
*Materials and supplies lists
*25 pages of step-by-step layout, cutting, and sewing instructions
*More than 53 full color instructional photos plus numerous computer drafted illustrations
*BOTH customary unit (yards, inches, etc.) and metric unit (centimeters) measurements
This apron design was tested on a variety of shapes and sizes and would be categorized as a Small/Medium (approximate off the rack dress sizes 2 to 12). It was made to fit the following measurements:
Bust - Between 30" and 38" (76cm and 96cm)
Waist - Between 22" and 32" (56cm and 81cm)
Hips - Between 30" and 38" (76cm and 96cm)
Skill level: Beginner with some sewing experience
Fun pattern to make. So many ways you can make this your own and a way to showcase some great fabrics!
I absolutely LOVE this pattern! The instructions were very easy for a beginner sewer and I love the different options for personalizing this apron. I made one for a friend's bridal shower and it was a big hit!
LOVE IT!! easy to follow and just what I was looking for!!!!
Its a cute pattern but I am unhappy that there was no pattern information prior to purchase that the longest skirt is cut on the bias, and has to be laid out with the folded edge on the cross grain when using 45" wide fabric. This significantly effects a directional print with a definite"up," which is what I was working with. I would not have purchased this pattern had I known that in advance.
I love this pattern, well worth the investment.
I made one with three layers.
Darling apron! So many ways to make it unique. Easy to follow directions and no enlarging of pattern pieces.
love this apron easy and great pattern!
Turned out beautifully! Looking forward to making more.
• For 1 layer apron you will need 1 yard of fabric for the skirt and bib and 1 yard of accent fabric for the ties and waistband. You will also need 2 3/4 yards of bias tape.
• For 2 layer apron you will need 1 yard of fabric for the top layer skirt and bib and 1 7/8 yards fabric for the bottom layer skirt, waistband, and ties. You will also need 5 1/2 yards of bias tape.
• For 3 layer apron you will need 2 3/4 yards fabric for the skirts layers and bib and 3/4 yard fabric for the ties and waistband. You will also need 7 yards of bias tape.
• For half apron fabric amounts, see the chart (where the extra photos are).
• Thread to match
• A good pair of scissors
• Sewing pins
• A ruler
• A marking pen or pencil
• A "dull-pointed" object (anything like a crochet hook, a chopstick, a very dull pencil, etc. - This will be used to make nice points at the ends of your neck ties and waist ties).
• A straight long skinny object - a 1/2" to 3/4" dowel works best, but if you don't have a dowel you can use a thick crochet hook or even a long handled spoon for turning your ties.
This pattern is protected by copyright and is intended for use by the original purchaser only. Please do not sell, copy, share or distribute in any way by electronic or any other means.
However, You MAY sell any handmade items you create using this pattern, but I ask that you give design credit to Modern Vintage Designs in your listing descriptions and on item hang tags.