|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
This adorable knot apron is so cute and easy to make! Instructions are included to make the apron in three children’s sizes – 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8. It can be made in the gingerbread girl, snowman and plain styles. Buttonholes are sewn to the top of the bib and the top of the sides. Insert 1 1/2” grosgrain ribbon through the buttonholes and knot ends in front to attach the neck strap and waist ties. The neck strap can be adjusted as the child grows. If you prefer not to make buttonholes, you can fold the raw ends of the ribbon over and simply sew the folded ribbon ends to the apron at the placement of the buttonholes. Medium weight cotton fabrics were used for the sample aprons.
This PDF e-pattern includes patterns for bib, measurements for skirt rectangles, detailed materials list, clear instructions written in English (including how-to-make yo-yos for gingerbread girl and snowman faces) and step-by-step photographs.
*Note: These are downloadable instructions making an apron. Since it is a download, a window will open to download and when you are signed into your user account at the time of purchase, it will also be located in the "My Library" section of your user account immediately after purchase.
Copyrights protect this pattern from being reproduced in any media format to be resold. Permission is given for the pattern to be used to make and sell the finished items in limited quantities.
GINGERBREAD GIRL & SNOWMAN APRONS using 44/45” Cotton solid or print fabrics
– 5/8 yard for apron bib, skirt & lining, 3/8 yard for gathered top skirt,
– 5” x 9” rectangle for cheek yo-yos (if you are using the same fabric for the gathered top skirt and yo-yos – like the gingerbread girl – you don’t need any additional fabric for the cheek yo-yos),
– 4” x 4” square for snowman nose yo-yo
PLAIN APRON using 44/45” Cotton solid or print fabrics
– 1/4 yard for apron bib/lining,
– 1/2 yard for apron skirt/lining
– 3/8 yard for gathered top skirt
– 1 1/2” Grosgrain ribbon – 3 yards (for apron neck strap & ties at waist)
– Jumbo rick rack – 1 1/4 yards (for gingerbread girl only)
– Buttons with two holes – three 9/16” black (for gingerbread girl), two 9/16” (for snowman)
– Sewing thread – coordinating color plus white & black for gingerbread girl/snowman
mading several for the pattern
Made 4 gingerbread girls for Christmas gifts- they were adorable! Definitely recommend topstitching around the skirt at the end, though, although this wasn't mentioned in the pattern.
Great pattern and so easy to make.
Turned out better than expected and I have now made a few..!
This is a very cute pattern when finished. I made the gingerbread girl. It was very quick and easy to do.
These are so cute. I made both gingerbread girl and snowman. A really fun project!
This is a wonderful pattern. Will be easy to make up!!