|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
“Fabulous use of old denim! Takes a while to cut out, so don't try this as a quick project. Very effective and well worth the time.”
The Denim Stars Quilt is a great way to use up those “vintage” jeans. The individual block creates a star, but when the blocks are sewn together, there is a secondary star design. That’s why it’s name is Denim Stars—with an “s.” The light, medium and dark shades of denim give it a 3-D effect. And it’s done, it’s done. There’s no quilting or tying to do afterwards. And batting is optional.
Copyright 2011 by Annette Rose / Quilted Sunshine. This pattern may not be copied, sold or given to another person for free. You may sell up to 10 sewn items made from this pattern. Please give design credit to Quilted Sunshine.
* 10—15 pairs of jeans in various shades of blue
* 3 yd. of flannel that is 42/45” wide OR 2 5/8 yd. that is 54/60” wide
* 3 large spools of blue thread to match a medium shade of denim
* washable glue stick (optional)
* sewing machine needles (size 90/14 or 100/16, universal or denim)
* Batting is optional, but if you’d like to use it, get 1 1/4 yd thin cotton or cotton/poly batting (96” wide)
Fabulous use of old denim! Takes a while to cut out, so don't try this as a quick project. Very effective and well worth the time.
Great way to use up old jeans and quick