|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
These pot holders are so cute and easy to make. The chicken measures 8 ½” X 11 ½” from the bottom of the feet to the top of the comb. The owl measures 8 ½” X 10 ¾” from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet.
They can be used as pot pinchers by inserting your hands into the wings. They would be adorable set on the table as trivets as well. What a nice house warming gift, or anyone would love to have them as a gift for any occasion! Think of all the owl and chicken lovers you know!
They are made out of cotton fabric with a layer of batting in the wings and a double layer of batting in the bodies for extra insulation. They have cute button eyes, ¼” ribbon for the chicken’s comb and wattle, and a spaghetti strap for the owl’s hanger.
This 31-page PDF e-book includes full-size patterns, a materials list, detailed instructions written in English, and a clear, color photo for each step.
Copyright gergeex 2011. All rights reserved. This ebook and all instructions and photographs of it, including electronic transmission to a third party is strictly prohibited.
Gergeex patterns are to be made for personal use, fun or sales in limited quantities by in-home sewers. I request that items for sale state that the item was designed by gergeex.
• Light to medium weight white cotton print fabric-9 ½” X 10” rectangle for back of body; 9 ½” X 10” rectangle for front top and bottom of body; 2- 10” X 8” rectangles, cut in half lengthwise for wings; 13” square for bias tape.
• ¼” red satin ribbon-3-4” lengths for the comb; 2 7/8” length for the wattle
• Black buttons-2-3/8” for center of eyes
• White buttons-2-1/2” for outside of eyes
• Light to medium weight brown cotton print fabric-16”X 17” rectangle for back of body, wings and head; 2-3 ¼” X 5 ½” rectangles (cut in half lengthwise) for ears; 1 ¾” X 5” bias tape strip for hanger; 13” square for bias tape
• Light to medium weight light brown cotton print fabric-9” X 10” rectangle for bottom front of body; 2-2” X 4” rectangles for eyes; 8” square for bias tape
• Black buttons-2-9/16” for center of eyes
• White buttons-2-3/4” for outside of eyes
• 2-ply black embroidery floss for around outside of eyes
Chicken and Owl
• Light to medium weight orange cotton print fabric-2” X 2” rectangle for the beak; 2-5 ½” X 3 ½” rectangles (cut in half lengthwise) for the feet
• 2-ply white embroidery floss for center of eyes
• Iron-on fusible-2” X 2” for beaks; 2” X 4” for owl’s eyes (HeatnBond Lite was used in this project)
• Needled Cotton Batting-19” X 10” rectangle(cut in half lengthwise) for in between front and back of body; 2-5”x 8” rectangles for in between front and back of wings (Warm & Natural needled cotton batting was used in this project)
• Sewing thread-colors that match fabrics
I bought this pattern a while back. Finally made them as Christmas gifts for my sewing friends. I loved making them, my friends loved them. Easy to follow instructions, fun to make. I plan on ordering more in different patterns Such a cute pattern.
Great housewarming gift!