|Format||PDF (Download Only)|
|Rating||No Reviews Yet (Be the first to rate it)|
Fabric lover? Or ribbon lover? It doesn't matter - with this 3-in-1 e-book for beginners, you can choose your favorite method!
This versatile accessory is perfect for a formal occasion or for every day use! You'll learn the following techniques with step-by-step instructions and 40 photographs:
*How to make the Annabelle flower out of fabric
*How to make the flower out of ribbon
*How to attach it to a clip
*How to mount your flowers to a headband - either a fold-over elastic headband for babies or a hard, skinny headband for older girls or adults
This quick pattern will allow you to create flowers for all types applications - by themselves as hair accessories, for bow centers, and on shoes, coats, purses and belts. This flower and its many variations would make a sweet addition to a boutique dress. I've included a chart with headband sizes for various ages, in both inches and centimeters.
This pattern only requires you to know how to cut fabric or ribbon and how to do a running stitch. In the book I recommend using a rotary cutter/mat for your cutting, but you can easily use a ruler and scissors if you prefer.
Note: These are downloadable instructions for making fabric/ribbon flowers . Since it is a download, a window will open to download and when you are signed into your user account at the time of purchase, it will also be located in the "My Library" section of your user account immediately after purchase.
* 2 or 3 “fat quarters” of fabric in different colors
* Sewing needle and matching thread
* Cutting tools, an iron and ironing board
* Felt for project backing
* Alligator/pinch clip or another style of hair clip (if using as a hair accessory clip)
* Fold-over elastic for the baby headband, or a hard wire, plastic or thread-wrapped headband for older girls/women (if using as headband)
* Fancy decorative button for the center of the flower
For making a ribbon accessory:
* 1 yd (0.9 m) of 7/8”wide unwired satin or French wired satin in green for leaves.
* 1 yd (0.9 m) of 1 1/2” wide French wired satin (or unwired satin or silk) in one or two colors for the flowers.
Photos and text © Deanna D. McCool and Birdsong Bows and Patterns 2011. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, shared or transmitted in any form without expressed written permission of the author. Subject to all international copyright laws. Designs from this pattern may be sold in small quantities by home-based crafters. Please indicate that they’re made with a Birdsong pattern in any descriptive materials.